Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


 The month of December often is a time when we reflect on our childhood memories, on the wonderful festivities or special times we enjoyed when we were very young and blissfully unaware of pressures and demands, and did not yet have to confront the problems of living and making a living in a global world.

We preserve that special place in our memory for reflections and thoughts of times of joy, and our happiness seems to depend on remembering these joyful events, which enables us to view the future with a positive mind as well. Our eyes are said to be the window to our soul, and our memories are our window to our heart and mind, which are the home of our memories. Let us try to regain that feeling of bliss, the happiness and gratitude by giving to those dear to us, to those in need. 
Here are some of the gifts I made this year: The star snowflake designed by Judy Gibson. I crocheted the cast-off row with a picot pattern. holding in the edge a bit. This was followed by two extra rows of picot pattern with golden embroidery thread with an extremely fine crochet hook, the size my mother used to repair runs in her nylons when they still were hard to find and cost a fortune. The small star-shaped containers look lovely as a table decoration.
Small gifts for an advent calendar for my daughter Valerie: the Bunnies and The Heartfelt Rings

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So true. To me, holiday is about relationship and connection. I was kind of feeling “meh” and unexcited about gifts this Christmas. I wish I've read your post before, Ms. Laura, as I echo the glittering stars and even the little critters would have been fabulous gifts for my children. It's been a tough year for me and I'm sure it is particularly so for you with your husband in the hospital so frequently, my dear friend.

ay you be a star shining your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness for that's where the stars shine the brightest! Happy 2011! And I too am thankful to have you in my life, my friend.

Sue Pinner said...

wow love the 3d effect of the star snowflakes...a lot more interesting than flat ones...gorgeous x